Monday 2 September 2013

Easy No Knead Dough

Hola, I'm back to blog after so long. It's been a hectic month of August especially pre and post Raya. Erhm, I'm not a good life sharing person.. Perhaps, I just switch back to my topic - not A pure cinnamon Roll. HaHa, why do i write such a quirky title?

this recipe actually adapted from ree drummond, this month celebrity chef of cookLIKEaSTAR event. Instead of using cinnamon as filling ( in fact i got no stock of cinnamon ... :), i replace it with mini chocolate chips.

this definitely is a 100% never fail bread dough, unless you go and change the ingredient or amount improperly by your own la. Taste wise, the bread texture is very soft and crumbly. It sweeten by the chocolate that hidden within the bread. So, without icing, jam or butter, this bread still taste luscious!

Ingredient:
( I modified into small batch portion)

250ml milk (F&N magnolia)
50g molasses sugar
50ml canola oil
280g + 30g all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
1/4 teaspoon baking soda & powder

Filling:
Margarine (Daisy brand)
Chocolate chips (Van Houten)
 

pour milk, sugar & oil mixture into sauce pan.

heat until just before boiling. leave it aside until warm.

add flour and instant yeast.
stir well.
cover with plastic and let it proof until double. it takes about one and half hours.
 add the remaining 30g flour, baking powder and soda into the dough and stir well.

at this point, you can start doing the dough shaping or let the dough sit into the fridge until you need it.
instead of using flour to prevent sticky from wet dough, i prefer to grease my hand and working surface.
( note: too much additional flour may harden your bread.)

grease my working pan, flatten my dough well to the border.

sprinkle the chocolate chips generously on top.

roll the dough, divide into 6, and make a round shape (make sure all the chips cover inside)

second proofing about 30 minutes.

set the bake function at rice cooker for about 25 minutes.
let it cool completely on wire rack before served. 
  can you imagine how fluffy is it ... ... oh, I'm drooling!



11 comments:

  1. Hi Thea,

    Have you been shopping for your oven? I'm very amazed that you can bake bread using your rice cooker and nice to know that Ree's recipe has been working well for you.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you baked in your rice cooker! I am seriously impressed. This recipe is really good, I've made it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You follow the original recipe? Yours definitely taste awesome because you drizzle the bread with maple syrup.... Yummy~

      Delete
  3. Hi Thea
    This recipe suits me. I am bad at kneading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool recipe!I need to try this.. cos I hate kneading bread but love eating it. Thanks for sharing this to Cook Like a Star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try it. This is super easy and simple bread making!

      Delete
  5. Hello Thea!
    I envy you for a rice cooker that bakes too! and thank you for your non-caloric presentation of the original not non-caloric dish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Thea! My first time here. Love your "handwriting" hah! hah! This bread is 100% never fail, you say? Then I have got to try it!

    ReplyDelete